COUTURE SALES JOB DESCRIPTION - GWENDOLYNNE
Job Title/Position: Retail Assistant
Job Definition: Established high-end independent Australian couture fashion label Gwendolynne is growing and we have an exciting opportunity for a Retail Sales Assistant to join our beautiful & intimate boutique in the creative inner city area of Fitzroy.
If you are a positive, fun, inspirational & natural team leader with a dynamic down to earth attitude and a fashion focused lover of bridal couture. If you are devoted to creating/nurturing exceptional customer experience, & you love people, weddings, family’s ceremonies we would love to hear from you!
This is an excellent opportunity for a driven, organized and enthusiastic sales person who is looking to work intimately with a design team & for someone to take ownership, sculpt & love our beautiful boutique set in the tranquil & very hip backstreets of Fitzroy.
As a high-end bridal couture assistant, you will be responsible for guiding the styling and assisting customers to achieve there desired look and requirements. This is a key responsibility in this business so a keen eye for fashion, trends, what is flattering for all different shapes and colour is absolutely necessary.
A Couture business produces a complex individually made garments from sketches, notes, written specifications, often where there is much problem solving whilst catering to clients measurements and patterns. Each garment or design is individual therefore a couture sales person & the team are responsible for problem solving and reacting to changing challenges in construction.
If you like the sound of working with our fun small and supportive team & to work with one of Melbourne’s most iconic fashion houses.
This opportunity will not last long! Please send your applications attention to Grace, clearly stating in the subject line the role that you are applying to via email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Though we would love to reply to all applications submitted only those with relevant experience will be contacted.
Employment capacity: Casual or Part Time TBC
Probationary period: six months
Reporting to: Supervisor (Office Duties); Grace Brown
Supervisor (Manufacture): Lily Cantone
Supervisor; Gwendolynne Burkin
Award Please refer to MA000004 – General Retail Industry Award on fairwork.com
Wage Per hour part time:
2 Days a week part time rate per hour is $19.07 with a 25% loading for Saturday
Weekdays at 7.5 hours $143.025 per day
Saturday at 7.5 hours= $23.83 p.ht Total per day $178.72
According to experience & negotiation
Please note pay on website incorrect refer to pay scale on related info websites on corner of the page then refer to 2008 pay scale summary
Pay rates based on pay scale summary:
Hours per week: 2 Days per week
Holidays: 4 weeks per year
At Gwendolynne we officially take Two weeks at Christmas
We are closed all weekends with a public holiday
Two weeks over winter off peak times - (Block out period from September to April)
Sick Leave 2 working weeks therefore 10 days personal sick leave allowed per year if full time or
Part time based on the two week equivalent of working days
Super 9.25% of salary
Availability Requirements/Working times:
Ideally Thursday 10 to 6pm if we need to assess around uni or other jobs we can look at days available or split across days i.e two half days.
Saturday 9:30 to 5:30pm Occasional evening work may be required
Retail Assistant Predominantly Saturdays 9:30 to 5:30pm on occasion filling in on weekdays particularly over holiday periods may be offered
Weekday Official office hours are: 10am to 6pm unless otherwise arranged
General Full time working week: 38hours (for a full time week if applicable)
Place of Employment: 71 Kerr Street, Fitzroy, VIC. 3065
Employer: Burkin Designs Pty Ltd TAS Gwendolynne
Breaks for full time or part time: 2 X 10 minute Morning tea & Afternoon Tea & 30 minute Lunch break. Break times can be negotiated around obligations
This is a varied role and Duties or equivalent skills may include:
Main responsibilities/tasks of the role include:
- Greet clients and show through range the Gwendolynne range of designs
- A genuine love of the product and an eagerness to tell the story & detail of the label & its designs
- Guiding customers with styling. Thus assisting customers to achieve there individual look/needs
- Communicate bridal fashion, trends, what is flattering for all different shapes and colour.
- Assist with team in maintaining the highest level of customer care and operational performance of the boutique
- Driving and maintaining excellent store financial results through limited shrinkage, cost effective rostering and achieving set budgets and KPI’s
- Ordering of accessories
- Work with and provide feedback to the Design Studio to strategically improve customer experience & services. & provide constructive feedback on opportunities on product in store
- Following up skills
- Use Outlook, MYOB, Eftpos machines, Microsoft Office, Excel & Mac & PC
- Co-manage VIP customer engagement, nurturing existing VIP clientele and generating new business Providing exemplary customer service to your customers including building and managing the VIP data base
- Execute and maintain Visual Merchandising and presentation standards in conjunction with the designer.
- Maintain consistent communication levels with internal and external customers,
- Development of strategies at store level to increase profits and brand profile
- Manage publicity loans for stylists, magazines etc. & maintaining relationships
- Responsible for driving sales, closing sales
- Maintaining presentation of shop samples; Detailing repairs to workroom, Spot cleaning or allocating to dry cleaners when required
- General House Keeping – Putting things away as one goes so shop is consistently presented
- Managing Client’s dress “pick ups” & communicating and requirements to the production team
- Recording & detailing online inquiries
- Detailing clients instore requests
- Quoting changes and alterations to designs or liasing with production & admin to do so.
- sample sales
- Responding to online inquiries
- Assessing supply needs or needs that appear instore & ordering relevant supplies
- Recording & maintaining pricelists for samples & additional product instore (jewellery, pashminas, shoes) with spreadsheets & imagery
- Manage relevant sales e mails
- Manage online payments and process in MYOB
- Confirming appointment times
Desired Attributes & Experience
- Hands on with the ability to manage in store financials,to visual merchandising and stock reporting.
- Warmth, Energy, enthusiasm and a positive attitude
- Strong people management skills,
- Passionate about the fashion industry, with an innate sense of style and immaculate personal presentation
- An effective communicator with excellent time management and organizational skills & is able to deflect dramas & calm situations
- Dedicated to giving exceptional customer service and achieving with the ability to drive store sales
- Creative and innovative with an eye for detail and able to communicate fit & offer suggestions to clientele
- Self-motivated & results driven
- Proactive with superior people skills and the ability to see the bigger picture.
- Knowledge & drive to meet set KPI's, targets & set standards
- Able to sustain composure in busy times
- Superior time management skills, particularly in particularly busy and quiet times.
- Exposure to all departments including Design, Visual Merchandising and Marketing
- Small creative independent business
- Locally crafted industry
Liaise with admin & production staff to ensure orders are feasible in time frames etc thus managed in a timely fashion
Up Keeping boutique supplies/stationary/amenities etc.
May assist in Planning and coordinate events and (e.g. catwalk shows, trunk shows, fashion shoots)
· Accumulating sales orders
Office Tasks that extend from salon:
· Receiving & recording goods,
· Compiling sales,
· Scheduling Appointments
· Promotions, coordinating samples for editorials, keeping track and following up.
· Delegating tasks
· Answering telephone, taking messages,
· Liaising with clients
· Dealing with Customer inquiries
· Nurturing clients; i.e.: ensuring they are comfortable; offering refreshments,
· Entering styles into system
· Assisting at catwalk shows/events if required
· Organise/file paperwork
· Run errands on behalf of designer
· Keeping salon tidy
Additional Tasks in quiet times:
Provide Back up to admin & publicity/social media role if required/assist in maintenance of samples and assisst with clients orders
· Occasional Repairs of samples - Hand finishing (i.e.: sewing buttons,
· Pressing , manipulating pulls & steaming (samples returned from PR & shop damaged samples)
- Gentle & honest, not pushy in sales approach
- Someone who genuinely enjoys selling, loves our product and birdal
- Assisting in processes