COUTURE SALES, ADMIN & DESIGNER ASSISTANT JOB DESCRIPTION - GWENDOLYNNE
Job Title/Position: Admin, Sales and Assistant to Designer
Job Definition: If you are a positive, fun, inspirational & natural team leader with a dynamic down to earth attitude and a fashion focused lover of bridal couture. If you are devoted to creating/nurturing exceptional customer experience, & you love people, weddings, family’s ceremonies we would love to hear from you!
This is an excellent opportunity for a driven, organized and enthusiastic sales person who is looking to work intimately with a design team in our beautiful boutique with upstairs workroom set in the tranquil & very hip backstreets of Fitzroy.
As a high-end bridal couture assistant, you will be responsible for guiding the styling and assisting customers to achieve there desired look and requirements. This is a key responsibility in this business so a keen eye for fashion, trends, what is flattering for all different shapes and colour is absolutely necessary.
A couture bridal business produces a complex individually made garments from sketches, notes, written specifications, often there is much problem solving whilst catering to clients measurements and patterns. Each garment or design is individual therefore a couture sales person & the team are responsible for problem solving and reacting to variable options and changing challenges in construction.
If you like the sound of working with our fun small and supportive team & to work with one of Melbourne’s most iconic fashion houses.
This opportunity will not last long! Please send your applications clearly stating in the subject line the role that you are applying to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Though we would love to reply to all applications submitted only those with relevant experience will be contact
This is a varied role and Duties or equivalent skills may include:
Main responsibilities/tasks of the role include:
- Greet clients and show through range the Gwendolynne range of designs
- Guiding customers with styling. Thus assisting customers to achieve there individual look/needs
- Communicate bridal fashion, trends, what is flattering for all different shapes and colour.
- Assist with team in maintaining the highest level of customer care and operational performance of the boutique
- Driving and maintaining excellent store financial results through limited shrinkage, cost effective rostering and achieving budgets
- Ordering of accessories, bras and other items instore.
- Work with and provide feedback to the Design Studio to strategically improve customer experience & services. & provide constructive feedback on opportunities on product in store
- Following up
- Use Outlook, MYOB, Eftpos machines, Microsoft Office, Excel & Mac & PC
- Generating new business Providing exemplary customer service to your customers including building and managing the VIP data base
- Execute and maintain Visual Merchandising and presentation standards in conjunction with the designer.
- Maintain consistent and efficient communication with customers.
- Development of strategies at store level to increase profits and brand profile
- Manage publicity loans for stylists, magazines etc. Maintaining these relationships
- Responsible for driving sales, and assisting in processes closing sales
- Maintaining presentation of shop samples; Detailing repairs to workroom, Spot cleaning or allocating to dry cleaners when required
- General House Keeping – Putting things away as one goes so shop is consistently neatly presented
- Managing Client’s dress “pick ups” & communicating any requirements to the production team
- Recording & detailing online inquiries
- Detailing clients instore requests
- Quoting changes and alterations to designs or liasing with production & admin to do so.
- sample sales
- Responding to online inquiries
- Assessing, Initiating supply needs or needs that appear instore & ordering relevant supplies
- Recording & maintaining pricelists for samples & additional product instore (jewellery, pashminas, shoes) with spreadsheets & imagery
- Manage relevant sales e mails
- Manage online payments and process in MYOB
- Confirming appointment times
Desired Attributes & Experience
- Hands on with the ability to manage in store financials, to visual merchandising and stock reporting.
- A genuine love of the product and an eagerness to tell the story & detail of the label & its designs
- Warmth, calm happy energy, enthusiasm and a positive attitude
- Strong people management skills
- Passionate about the fashion industry, with an innate sense of style and immaculate personal presentation
- An effective communicator with excellent time management and organizational skills & is able to deflect dramas & calm situations
- Dedicated to giving exceptional customer service with the ability to drive store sales
- Creative and innovative with an eye for detail and able to communicate fit & offer suggestions to clientele or know when to bring designer to the client.
- Self-motivated & results driven
- An ability to analyse the situation and make rational decisions
- Proactive with superior people skills and the ability to see the bigger picture.
- Knowledge & drive to meet set KPI's, targets & set standards
- Able to sustain composure in busy times
- Superior time management skills, particularly in busy and quiet times.
- Exposure to all departments including Design, Visual Merchandising and Marketing
- Small creative independent business
- Working with locally crafted clothing
- Liaise with admin & production staff to ensure orders are feasible in time frames etc thus managed in a timely fashion
- Up Keeping boutique supplies/stationary/amenities etc.
- May assist in Planning and coordinate events and (e.g. catwalk shows, trunk shows, fashion shoots)
- Accumulating sales orders
Office Tasks that extend from salon:
- Receiving & recording goods
- Compiling sales
- Scheduling Appointments
· Promotions, coordinating samples for editorials, keeping track and following up.
· Delegating tasks
· Answering telephone, taking messages,
· Liaising with clients
· Dealing with Customer inquiries
· Nurturing clients; i.e.: ensuring they are comfortable; offering refreshments,
· Entering styles into system
· Assisting at catwalk shows/events if required
· Organise/file paperwork
· Run errands on behalf of designer
· Keeping salon tidy
Additional Tasks in quiet times:
Publicity/social media if required/assist in maintenance of samples and assisst with clients orders
· Occasional Repairs of samples - Hand finishing (i.e.: sewing buttons,
· Pressing , manipulating pulls & steaming (samples returned from PR & shop damaged samples)
- Gentle. patient & honest, not pushy in sales approach
- Someone who genuinely enjoys selling, loves our product and birdal